[rescue] Sun Voyager

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 11:54:14 CST 2015

Hi All

I always fancied having one of these since they were announced by Sun, well
20+ years on I actually found one for sale and at a give away price. This is
for keeping not selling BTW....!

Not surprisingly the NVRAM is shot, and the disk has errors, but all easily
remedied. The system POSTs fine so all is good except the screen.

The screen works no problem LCD wise, it just has a tendency to lose sync or
something after a while, or if I adjust the pots on the screen at startup and
then goes reasonably ok, but not perfect. I have tried freezer without
pinpointing the issue.

I would like to resolve it, so anyone have any experience with the screens on
these or anyone have one they have no further use for?

Peter