[rescue] [off-topic] What was this markup language?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue Dec 8 11:09:25 CST 2015

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 04:59:35PM +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 8 December 2015 at 14:14,  <microcode at zoho.com> wrote:
> > Next question, other than LaTeX, are there any good choices in simple
> markup
> > languages suitable for writing letters and resumes, etc.? I'm not really
> > happy with Open/Libre Office nor the direction it's going in. I'd like to
> > look into some alternative where the input stays as ASCII text.
>

> LyX?
>
> http://www.lyx.org/
>
> Can't get on with it myself but some do.

Agreed. The last thing I want is another editor dependency. The whole thing
is about being able to keep stuff in ASCII text and be able to get at it
from anything that reads ASCII and not depend on GUI stuff.

And at this point I am probably too old to start learning LaTeX and would
not use it enough to justify the hair-pulling.