[rescue] [off-topic] What was this markup language?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:03:56 CST 2015

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 8:45 AM, Mouse <mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG> wrote:
>
> It would be akin to marking up a document by inserting Diablo escape
> sequences manually, to harken back to the days of microspacing
> daisy-wheel printers.

Not to get all 'when I was a kid we used to walk uphill ten miles in the snow
both ways to get to school', but when I went to college I had a DEC Pro 350
(school-mandated purchase at deeply discounted price) and after saving my
money I bought a Mannesman Tally dot-matrix printer (that was so 'smart' it
had a 68000 processor in it) - to print bold, underline, italics I used to
embed command code entries into my documents.

I really liked that printer - it had square print heads, so that vertical,
horizontal lines in letters, numbers, graphics were VERY straight.