[rescue] [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in Houston/remote

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Thu Dec 3 17:12:23 CST 2015

On 12/03/15 09:40, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 08:32:55AM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> On 12/03/15 05:11, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
>>> What's made in Japan anymore anyway? Everything is made in Taiwan and
>>> China. I think South Korea is still far behind and will stay that way.
>>
>> Um, hello?
>
> Hello! :-)
>
>>  Daewoo?  Samsung?  LG?  That's just off the top of my head
>> in five seconds.
>
> But the question was "What's made in Japan anymore anyway?"

Ah.  I was responding to the "South Korea is still far behind and will
stay that way."  South Korea has some *major* global manufacturers.

As for what's still made in Japan, Japan is still probably the world's
dominant manufacturer of motorcycles, for starters, and the last I knew,
Japan built a very large share of the world's merchant shipping.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net