[rescue] Japanese-vs-US corporate culture [was Re: [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in Houston/remote]

Patrick Giagnocavo xemacs5 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 13:00:24 CST 2015

Maybe I didn't do a good job in my earlier post.

My point is, that having engineers or at least, people who understand
or have interacted with engineering, as CEO is something that many
Japanese companies have; and that this avoids some of the "suit"
behavior we see in American companies.  That such companies often are
innovative and well-run; arguably better-run than American companies.

Since Apple, Cisco, Dell, HP all do their manuf. in China as much as
the Japanese and Korean companies do, where the factory was located
was not my main point.

Although, when I am able, if I am buying a Japanese brand I look for
those cars that have been manufactured in Japan - and that has been a
good guide to a quality car for me, for over 12 years now (since i
started buying Jap. cars.)

Cheers

Patrick