[rescue] [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in Houston/remote

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:28:17 CST 2015

> On Dec 3, 2015, at 1:31 AM, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
>
> Several of the software companies I have worked for have tried to get ISO
> certification for the development process.

I assume you mean ISO9001 certification.

I worked for two companies that sought ISO9001 certification, it basically
boiled down to this:

Do you have a quality process?
Have you documented your quality process?
Do your employees know the quality process?
Do your employees follow the quality process?

The quality process can be as simple as solicit feedback from clients,
document & track feedback from clients, correlate product changes to customer
feedback.

The above is, of course, simplified, but not much. ISO9001 consultants like to
talk about the fish restaurant in Japan that was ISO9001 certified - their
quality process was apparently based on 'How are we doing?' Feedback cards on
the tables...