[rescue] [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in Houston/remote

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:50:10 CST 2015

The best test for off-shoring jobs was to try in-house for one project and see
if you have the infrastructure to support it... The test works like this:

1) Hire a new group of programmers

2) Take a week or two to introduce them to your project

3) put them in another building

4) make them work off-shift, reflecting local time where you plan off-shoring

5) provide direction only in written form

6) only schedule occasional teleconferences (once a day? Every couple days?)

If the project that comes out the other end meets expectations (function
points, quality, etc), is developed on-time and within budget, then you have
the ability to off-shore your work, otherwise forget it.

That was from an article in a trade magazine I read in the '90s...

Lionel