[rescue] HP Thinkjet or other HPIB printer

Bob Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:45:45 CDT 2015

Good luck.  I had a 7550a (I think) and only had it working one time and it
wasn't truly working.  Mechanical stuff can be fixed with new roller kits,
but my real issue was the non-standard serial port.  A buddy of mine
brought an old heathkit serial breakout box (it used switches, not jumpers)
and we managed to get it to work once.  I never built the custom cable for
it so it sat on the shelf till I moved out of the house.  Left it behind.

You can probably still buy new plotter pens, but what I was doing was
drilling them out and rebuilding them to hold Sharpie markers that were cut
down.  The idea was to use them to draw directly onto copper clad PCB
material so I could then etch.  Sounded like a good idea at the time but
I've since refined my ways and now have a foolproof way of making boards.
I send em out ;-)

-Bob