[rescue] Whither Solaris 10

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Mon Apr 27 20:12:41 CDT 2015

On 04/27/2015 07:36 PM, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>     Good evening Rescuers,
>
>     Have Oracle stopped development on Solaris 10?  I took a look the
> other evening and it seems the last version that's available is from
> 2013 -- hardly current.  Is it dead?

Historically, Sun stopped doing hardware updates on the install media
when they stopped shipping new hardware with a given version preinstalled.

Browsing their site, near as I can tell, Oracle is only offering new
systems with Solaris 11 pre-installed.  In that light it's not very
surprising that there's been no revision to the install media.

(I'm sure Solaris 10 is still regularly updated, just not the media.)