[rescue] Whither Solaris 10

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Mon Apr 27 18:36:03 CDT 2015

    Good evening Rescuers,

    Have Oracle stopped development on Solaris 10?  I took a look the
other evening and it seems the last version that's available is from
2013 -- hardly current.  Is it dead?

    I've not looked at the HCL pages for Solaris 11 -- mainly because
I'd be frightened off due to the hardware upgrades (and power, and
cooling, and ...) involved in joining that crowd.

    I'm doing Solaris packaging work with the Icinga group, and maintain
a solid base of Solaris here (anywhere from 2.5.1 to 2.10U11) and am
wondering if it's time to give it up as a dead cause...

    Cheers!