[rescue] looking for IBM System/36 software

Robert Toegel rjtoegel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 14:34:09 CDT 2015

They work well.  I had one on my roof years ago.  Can be tricky to tune.
If 20 mtrs refuses to tune correctly, check the matching cable length.
Some people found it to be too long.  I've always had trouble with 15, SWR
not as low as I'd like but usable.  I even had the 160 coil on it.  Had
ground wires to each corner of the house down to 8' ground rods.  Since the
roofers ripped down any antenna stuff, including cutting the cables to an
box on the roof (they fell down past the chimney into the basement), I'm
limited to ground mounting now.  Getting too old to climb the ladder. :-)
I could go that way too but I was looking for the null capability of the
magnetic loop.  Biggest problem now is getting the cables through a
basement window to the outside.

Bob