[rescue] Cable Balls

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Thu Sep 18 12:24:38 CDT 2014

On Sep 18, 2014, at 9:37 AM, der Mouse wrote:

> I've seen a DB shell used with a high density of pins that looked like
> about double the usual pin count of 25.

Yes. I believe you'll find, if you count the pins, that it's a DB-44.

With I think one exception (DA-15 vs. DE-15), there's not reeeeaaally much
room for confusion if somebody casually refers to any D-sub as a "DB"; a given
pin count corresponds to only one shell size. Some folks suggest that only
fitting 9 pins to a B-size shell (nominally 25 pins) would get you what
amounts to a "DB-9", but I personally am not moved by this argument.

ok
bear.

--
until further notice