[rescue] SS5/Netra Progress of sorts...

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 21:13:13 CDT 2014

>I agree that the NVRAM issue probably aborted
>both installs in this
>case, but I'm also pretty sure that NeXTSTEP/OpenSTEP
>won't install/run
>in text-only mode. You'll need some kind of monitor on that
>thing for
>that.

I think you're right about that. Since the Sun monitor I was planning
to use is kaput, the only thing I have is a 17" SVGA monitor. Once I
have the new NVRAM chip in hand, IIRC, I can program the screen size
to 1024x768 from the default of 1152x900 that the PC monitor barfs on.
Then I should be able to install OS4.2 on it.

>Steve

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.