[rescue] Solaris licensing

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Thu Sep 4 18:53:20 CDT 2014

> It's irrelevant to Larry as long as the profits now are greater than the
> capital costs in the acquisition -- and I am pretty sure they are.

I'm pretty sure it's about the money.

A coworker saw a house Larry bought in Newport, I think. He spent some
number of millions on it and some other number of millions gutting it,
including building a scaffold outside the house to support it while
load-bearing walls were removed.

I remember doing some math relating to my net worth and Larry's. His
purchase of that house (9 million overall maybe?) was roughly equivalent
to me deciding I could purchase a new toilet for my downstairs bathroom.

Steve