[rescue] Solaris licensing

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Sep 4 16:59:04 CDT 2014

>> When Scott McNealy failed to kill Sun Microsystems, Inc., Larry
>> Ellison stepped in to finish the job.
> Larry is making a profit.  Sun's own executives failed to do so.

But is Larry making a sustainable profit on the remnants of Sun, or is
he burning the capital (reputation and otherwise) Sun built up, driving
the last fragments of Sun even further into the ground?

Personally, I suspect it's closer to the latter; it certainly is for
the parts of it I see.  But time will, as always, tell.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org