[rescue] trimming versus derailing... Re: Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever? WAS:::Re: What to do with the SS20

PAK pakenned-list at pobox.com
Wed Jun 25 14:58:08 CDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:21:42AM -0600, Richard wrote:
> > I don't know whether you've missed my point, or just trying poke fun :)
> > I feel that you're somewhat deliberately truncating my argument.
>
> No, I'm making a specific response to a specific statement and
> therefore discarded all the other stuff on which I'm not commenting.

In a discussion that had been focussed on distribution of software,
building of software, and the use of github and git, you esentially
latched onto _one_word_ of my post and went wandering off in your own
direction.

> Since when has appropriate trimming been a source of confusion?

Well, we differ here.  What you're calling appropriate trimming, I'm now
calling derailing.  I _thought_ that it wasn't deliberate (since there
wasn't any other indication like breaking the thread or picking a new
subject line).  I don't know why I ever expect anything different in the
eternal September.

*shrug*

PAK