[rescue] clang for Solaris (Was: Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever?)

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Jun 24 17:48:43 CDT 2014

In article <alpine.WNT.2.01.1406241846150.808 at melanie.gimme-sympathy.org>,
    Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Richard wrote:
>
> > In article <alpine.BSF.2.00.1406241516220.2836 at blueshift.celestrion.net>,
> >    Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> writes:
> >
> >> If only there were gcc builds for Solaris!
> >
> > Forget gcc, you want clang.
>
> clang is self-hosting on SPARC now, isn't it?

Not sure what you mean by self-hosting, but you need something to
compile clang, obviously :-).  However I believe you can always
cross-compile from another system to target solaris.  I haven't
actually messed around with that at all yet, although I'm learning
lots of clang guts over the past year or two.