[rescue] clang for Solaris (Was: Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever?)

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Jun 24 15:56:28 CDT 2014

In article <alpine.BSF.2.00.1406241550140.2836 at blueshift.celestrion.net>,
    Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> writes:

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Richard wrote:
>
> >> If only there were gcc builds for Solaris!
> >
> > Forget gcc, you want clang.
>
> Is there clang for Solaris now?  Nifty!  I'll have to look into that, and
> possibly switch if it doesn't have a heinously-huge runtime library.

They have a prebuilt binary for LLVM 1.6 (which is ancient), and there
are some messages as recently as 2013 on the mailing list about
getting it working on Solaris 10.  Current doxygen generated
documentation implies that they are maintaining the Solaris assembler
and linker functionality

<http://llvm.org/releases/download.html>
<http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/namespaceclang_1_1driver_1_1tools_1_1solaris.html>