[rescue] Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever?

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jun 24 15:49:35 CDT 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Andrew Jones wrote:

>> Hell, I run a current-ish git on HP-UX 10!
>
> 'microcode' is right, in a sense. Just a couple of years ago, it really was
> hard to get git on a non-Linux platform.
>
> Today, it's very easy.

I've been running git on not-Linux since at least 2009.  It's never been a
tremendous hassle to get it built on any platform I've used (other than
Windows, where I use binary packages).

--
Jonathan Patschke | "Do the difficult things while they are easy and do
Elgin, TX         |  the great things while they are small."