[rescue] Has freshmeat.net disappeared forever?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Jun 24 14:46:29 CDT 2014

Sent from my mobile^Wcorporate advertising device

> On 24 Jun 2014, at 15:30, Andrew Jones <andrew at jones.ec> wrote:
>
>> On 06/24/2014 02:55 PM, microcode at zoho.com wrote:
>> Isn't that only for source that is hosted in git? That rules out just
about
>> everything but Linux code.
>
> Git is the emerging standard for source control. Since there are strong
network effects for version control in open source communities, it's probably
a winner-take-all market.  Git wasn't necessarily the best (D)VCS of its
generation, but it is very clearly the leader.

Sticking with SCCS

> Just as SVN very widely displaced CVS, I expect to see git widely displace
SVN and the 7 dwarves (hg/bzr/arch/darcs/mtn)