[rescue] What to do with the SS20

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Jun 22 08:21:25 CDT 2014

" From: Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com>
"
" All,
"
" In the past I've posted about my Sparc 20. I finally found a VSIMM For
" it; I have a working CD-ROM now, etc. It's got dual Ross 150Mhz CPUs
" in it, the max of 384M of RAM, etc.
"
" []
"
" SunOS 4.1.4 gives me the vintage street cred, but no JVM. It also
" won't boot on my system with dual Ross CPUs. Does anyone have a proper
" ISO or similar of SunOS that will do SMP & Ross CPUs?

have you actually tried it?  from memory, the reason for 4.1.4 was
integrating the ross kernel fixes as sun started selling ross-equipped
ss20s, and i believe it supports smp on rosses.

it also supports smp on ti cpus, afaik something sun never advertised.
i personally tested and verified this.