[rescue] Need Build Help

Laurence Brevard brevard at 1or0.com
Wed Jun 4 13:05:16 CDT 2014

 I have a powered off SunFire V100 (UltraSPARC IIe/IIi) that runs Solaris
10.

We used to build one of our products on that platform but quit bothering
a few years back after all our customers ended up with Linux on x86_64.

This is in my home office in San Jose, California, but I have a
collocation facility up the road in Fremont where I could run it (at no
extra charge to me).

My electricity from PG&E costs $0.36/kWh in the punitive top "Tier 4"
where over 2/3 of my consumption is. As a result, it's worth it to NOT
run systems in the office whenever possible! Even so my PG&E bill is over
$900/month.

FWIW, a relative in Houston, TX, recently showed me his electric bill at
$0.026/kWh - less than 10% of what I pay. I could have cried.