[rescue] Understanding Err#25 ENOTTY ?

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jul 7 17:37:32 CDT 2014

On Mon, 7 Jul 2014, Mouse wrote:

> Actually, it looks to me like evidence that the file is being read with
> stdio, which attempts a tcgetattr() or something like it on each fd, so
> it can set buffering as appropriate.  (I'm not sure how necessary this
> is for read-only streams, but some stdios seem to do it for them too.)

I did not know that fopen()/fread() did that internally; I don't
immediately see that in the Illumos source.  However, it's pretty hard to
read, so I might be missing something.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "Do the difficult things while they are easy and do
Elgin, TX         |  the great things while they are small."