[rescue] Fast Ethernet with a Sparc Classic

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri May 31 20:44:26 CDT 2013

" From: Barry Callahan <barryc at rjlsystems.com>
" Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 20:42:04 -0400
"
" use an ultra-1?

fringe question: would a ss4 ps [40w iirc] be powerful enough to run a
turbosparc 5 motherboard and qfe, with nothing else?  and maybe a low
power hd?  tight power budget...

" Kurt Nowak <knowak at alumni.calpoly.edu> wrote:
"
" >Sadly, after many years I have to retire my SS2 for my personal home
" >firewall and ipsec gateway, since my cable provider is pumping out 20+
" >Mb/s and and the Sun4c just cant handle that kind of bandwidth. I am
" >contemplating putting a quad fast ethernet card in my Sparc Classic
" >since
" >its a Sun4M and quiet and compact enough - not as much of a power hog
" >as an SS5/SS10/SS20 too.