[rescue] Stack underflow on SS2 after FB swap

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Thu May 16 15:06:54 CDT 2013

I disremember when Sun stopped updating OpenBoot for the sun4c. The
overview on oracle's site implies that it was supported through version
4.x, along with the sun4m and sun4u. That could be incorrect.

If it were true, it's *possible* that updating OpenBoot might be all
that was necessary to make the TGX compatible. I also disremember what
version of OpenBoot was installed on that SS2.

That said, good luck finding an update.

On 5/16/2013 2:42 PM, Kurt Nowak wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I had this problem on my SS20. I eventually just reset my NVRAM to default
> values and re-ID'd it. The problem went away... But yeah, per Jochen's
> comment maybe the TGX wont work with a 4C...
>
> -Kurt
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Christopher Purdy <
> escher.beretta.2112 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Good day folks..
>>
>> I just swapped the framebuffer on my SS2 (GX>TGX) and now when it tries to
>> boot I get a stack underflow.  I've not yet swapped the card back to test,
>> but was wondering if anyone had any similar experience?
>>

>> --
>> Christopher Purdy
>> www.promethean-visions.com

believed to be clean.