[rescue] shipping large, heavy things

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon May 13 07:39:56 CDT 2013

A few years ago I had a forwarder to go an office in Charleston, wrap up a big
pedestal-mounted impact printer and put it on a pallet, and drive it up to me
in Providence. I think it was like $295 or something.

   My dad & brother are in the shipping business, and they also taught me the
magic words to use when searching the web in a particular area to find a local
company. Sometimes they will bring it straight to you, nd other times they
will send it to a lcaol airport and then you have to get someone to bring it
the final leg. *shrug*

   Not cheap, exactly, but they are mostly an honest group, and they will do
what you cannot do yourself.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt