[rescue] Sun Fire T2000 (Niagara 1)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri May 3 20:47:36 CDT 2013

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 11:27:53AM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
>It's a Sun Fire T2000, an 8-way Niagara 1 sparcv9v machine. IIRC, it has
>16GB of memory and 2 disks. I'm guessing it is worth $500-$600 dollars
>these days. Worked great when I put it back in its box (replaced it with
>a Niagara 2 machine some time ago).
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Fire_T2000
>It is in 01886. $600+shipping and it is yours.

Wow.  I remember when my T1000 was a massive upgrade for sunhelp.org,
and it completely blew away the previous machine (an E420R).  I sold it
for an okay amount a couple of years ago when I had to move my "colo"
from an ISP in Austin to a Comcast Business line at home with static
IPs.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford