[rescue] long shot... anybody got a Gateway 486?

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Thu May 2 08:48:49 CDT 2013

On 5/2/2013 12:22 AM, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Oh, and back to earlier conversation in this thread, my first computer
> was a TI99/4A, but the first one i really used was a Packard Bell 486.
> I think i still have the TI somewhere, but the last i saw the Packard
> Bell was when i donated it to a local charity at least a decade ago,
> and i don't miss it.

I've got several TI99/4As between my basement and my garage. Anyone want
one?

I think I've already mentioned this here, but my first computer was the
Heathkit H-89 my father built on our diningroom table as part of a
college correspondence course. I was probably only 4 at the time. But I
can remember spending many evenings sitting next to him, watching him
put it together, and to this day, the smell of solder smoke always
brings back that memory.

believed to be clean.