[rescue] The one machine I know of no one that has...

Ian King IanK at vulcan.com
Wed May 1 15:05:19 CDT 2013

On 4/30/13 8:29 PM, "Richard" <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:

>In article
><CALvCxQbVNsk3M0XUh7=zSevnHZwVsm6smxnoHG+0Qri1q1Snsg at mail.gmail.com>,
>    Shawn Wallbridge <swallbridge at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I was in Canada at the time, so I had cheap cheap hydro-electric power
>>;)
>>
>> As in 14x 20A 110v circuits and four 30A 208v circuits, unmetered for
>> $25/month.
>
>Makes me think computer museums should be located next to tall
>mountains! :)
>--

Well, we're *close* to tall mountains:

Seattle to Mount Rainier (14,410'/4392m): 81.8 miles/181.6 kilometers
Seattle to Olympic National Park: 82.6 miles/132.9 kilometers

Running yesterday's computers on today's hydropower! (No, it's not
$25/month.)  -- Ian

Ian S. King, Sr. Vintage Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
A presentation of Vulcan, Inc.
http://www.livingcomputermuseum.org