[rescue] Sun Fire T2000 (Niagara 1)

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed May 1 10:27:53 CDT 2013

I _think_ this is the last of my SPARC machines (then again, I keep
finding more I have forgotten I own).

It's a Sun Fire T2000, an 8-way Niagara 1 sparcv9v machine. IIRC, it has
16GB of memory and 2 disks. I'm guessing it is worth $500-$600 dollars
these days. Worked great when I put it back in its box (replaced it with
a Niagara 2 machine some time ago).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Fire_T2000

If you want to run Solaris on it, you'll need to reinstall it. Heck, I'm
not sure I remember what state the Linux OS is on that box, so you're
gonna want to reinstall it anyways.

It is in 01886. $600+shipping and it is yours.

It's no abacus, but it shouldn't have animal pee on it either. :)

*****

Also, I still have an SGI O2 and an Indigo 2 up for grabs, but I doubt
anyone is really excited about those systems.

~tom

==
Fedora Project