[rescue] OS for ZFS?

Scott Newell newell+rescue at n5tnl.com
Mon Mar 25 14:32:49 CDT 2013

At 02:26 PM 3/25/2013, Jerry Kemp wrote:

>There are many *Solaris distro options.
>
>Is there a particular option that the OP needs to address, or is
>just a general Unix based OS+ZFS required?

I'm not too picky and the box won't be doing much at all.  The U60 is
running an ancient version of OpenBSD, I found some extra SCSI
drives, and would like to rebuild it (if possible) to run
ZFS.  Snapshots sound fun, as does some sort of drive mirroring.  I
don't plan on dedupe.  Compression is a maybe, but I suspect it would
be starved for CPU.

--
newell  N5TNL