[rescue] Sun Parts for Sale

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Mar 12 16:37:53 CDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 03:31:37PM -0000, Paul John wrote:
>Hi Bill,
>How about if I post a website address for all your members to buy or sell
>legacy products?
>If buying of course there will be massive discounts for all members.

Paul,

I don't mean to sound like a jerk - but eBay has been around for a
while as such a venue.  If you want to mention it *once*, that's fine.
"Hey, we have this site, http://www.abc.xyz", etc.

What I'm trying to avoid is people and companies using my resources as
a way for them to spam advertising and sales to everyone on the various
mailing lists.

I don't mind non-commercial person-to-person sales ("horse trading" or
whatever you want to call it) - heck I do plenty of that myself in order
to get rid of old gear and bring in new stuff to keep everything
running.

I don't want to be seen as endorsing any one particular vendor or
reseller over others, although I will be perfectly honest and aboveboard
in mentioning which ones have supported the Sunhelp effort over the
years through the donation of hardware, software, or the purchase of ads
back when I sold advertising on the site.

In short: there are better places for commercial vendors and resellers
to advertise, and spamming these lists (even if you don't consider it
"spamming") is more likely to lose someone business rather than gain it.

You or anyone else is perfectly welcome to contact me directly,
off-list, if you feel a need to discuss this issue further.  I want to
be seen as fair and reasonable with the policies regarding the resources
I've provided to the community through the years.

Thanks!

Bill

--
Bill Bradford