[rescue] The red mouse and other tails

shatle at nfldinet.com shatle at nfldinet.com
Tue Mar 12 16:30:43 CDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [rescue] The red mouse and
other tails
From: Mark Kahrs
Date: Tue, March 12, 2013 4:15 pm
To:
rescue at sunhelp.org

The (famous) red mouse is the DePraz mouse:
http://www.computerhistory.org/revolution/input-output/14/350/1795

FWIW, I
have a copy of the AT&T 5620's owner's manual as well as the
manual
(with
schematics) from Teletype. I am planning on donating these to the
Computer
History Museum where they can be scanned and available to all.

Yup - that's the one. I
actually like the ergonomics and the mechanical
action of the mouse buttons.
The DMD5620 FAQ online has the pinouts of the DB-9 connector for this
guy.
Apparently the AT&T 6xx and 7xx terminals that took a mouse used
the more
generic Logitec serial mice.

We had some 605's and 7-somethings when we had
AT&T gear, but not the
layers capable variants.