[rescue] Speaking of V210s

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Mar 4 16:24:28 CST 2013

On 03/04/13 16:45, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> On 4 Mar 2013, at 16:41, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:
>
>> Speaking of V210s, I've decided to pass mine along because I can't use
>> them four to six months of the year (since they automatically power down
>> when the internal temperature hits 50C).

er ...   that was five *degrees* C when I sent it...

>> So, anyone in a warmer clime interested one or two V210s for moderately
>> small money plus shipping?  I can pull hardware specs on them if there
>> is interest.
>
> How cold is your climate and where are you located?

Central New Hampshire, and my racks are in an un-insulated deckhouse
that in the winter months is heated only by heat leakage from the house
and by waste heat from the machines themselves.  The heat leakage from
the house to the deckhouse just got cut significantly by the replacement
of several sets of crappy 1970s aluminum-framed sliders with modern
energy-efficient doors.  Typically about four to five months of the
year, the overnight temperature in the deckhouse is likely to drop to or
below freezing, and for about three of those months the daytime
temperature in the deckhouse is unlikely to make it much *above* freezing.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.