[rescue] Keyboards -- the great evil

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 16:00:42 CST 2013

I have a friend who is replacing his daughter's laptop mainboard for $150, he
paid about $400-450 two years ago for it. He thought about getting her a new
laptop instead, but this one really suited her needs and the repair price is
half the cost of a replacement laptop ($300-350).

At work we have a teacher whose headphone jack broke on her unibody MacBook
Pro - a repair that would necessitate an $850 mainboard replacement. Her
laptop will NOT be repaired, it will be deployed to someone that doesn't need
the headphone jack.

Lionel

On Feb 2, 2013, at 4:54 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> For $230 you could just about buy a "new"-to-you entire laptop.  Maybe
> not the same model, but $230 for a *laptop keyboard* is insane.  As
> mentioned, I've replaced them for numerous friends and never paid more than
$20.