[rescue] wanted: White plastic tower case shell for BA23 DEC MicroPDP/MicroVAX

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Wed Dec 18 20:52:54 CST 2013

Hi,

FedEx Ground has *LOST* my two boxes with 70lbs of DEC parts coming
from AZ to PA as part of an e-bay deal. I am extremely frustrated and
sad. Most of the lost parts can be found again on e-bay, but intact
cases seem to be rare. FedEx says I should just "order another one".

Fortunately the box with the BA23 chassis and some of the boards arrived
in a prior shipment, but I sure wish I had the plastic shell so I can stand
it upright in my office. That was one of the main reasons I went for this one.
So now I've got this awesome but naked PDP11/73 taking up way too
much floor real estate since I can't stand it upright without the case,
without blocking the air vents.

Does anyone have an extra shell, or even just the rectangular front bezel
part? I've got mangled sides from another deal that possibly I could glue,
but with no front piece it's going to be ugly and repeatedly remind me of the
lost parts.

Mark

Near Philadelphia, PA, US.

--