[rescue] Looking for an IPX

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 16:29:53 CST 2013

As I recall, there are distance issues with DSL - you can only be so far from
the CO (DSLAM)... I had ISDN years ago, and when DSL came to me I was THE
FIRST customer at my CO. I had issues every step of the way, took 3 days to
get it set up, but in the process we found that years earlier my home pair had
been routed through a neighboring CO because of some long- forgotten repair,
and one of the issues was that I had several extra miles of twisted pair
copper between me and my serving CO. I don't know if ISDN has similar
limitations.

When I had ISDN I had to use a specific add-in card, I remember I put in in an
overclocked P75 that was cranked to 90 MHz... I think I still have it,
actually... It was dedicated to act as a gateway machine through Windows
Internet sharing.

I gotta clean out my basement!

Lionel