[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 129, Issue 15

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Mon Aug 26 23:00:49 CDT 2013

On Aug 26, 2013, at 6:14 PM, Michael Thompson wrote:

> The A & C rows of the J2 and the B row of the J3 was used for a
> CPU<->Memory bus, or a graphics bus.
> I think that the pinout of the memory bus differed between the processors.

Yes. This bus is "optimized for DRAM timing", which could potentially include
memory-mapped framebuffers.

The pinout of the bus was at least the same enough for memory boards to
interoperate between sun3, sun3x, and SPARC VME CPUs.

If it matters, I am specifically interested in its use on sun2. But I'll take
anything. I have a sun2 memory board that I want a clearer understanding of,
in order to troubleshoot its failure mode more effectively.

ok
bear.

--
until further notice