[rescue] Unhappy MicroVAX II

Ian King IanK at vulcan.com
Tue Apr 16 13:46:00 CDT 2013

Ian, this is Ian.  :-)  Did you only check voltages, or did you scope the
lines?  The failure you're describing - won't wake up after a long nap -
immediately makes me think: power supply electrolytics.  You might read a
perfectly reasonable voltage with a voltmeter but discover that you have 20%
ripple.

If you don't have a scope, let's talk - are you still in my part of the world?
-- Ian

UNIX is the answer, but you must phrase the question very very carefully.
Ian S. King, Sr. Vintage Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
A presentation of Vulcan, Inc.
http://www.livingcomputermuseum.org