[rescue] Help with SunFire V240 Server

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Sat Apr 6 21:54:31 CDT 2013

> On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> I was most likely wrong about the drives being SAS, I just assumed and
>> hadn't
>> checked.

Hello Lionel,

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19088-01/v210.srvr/819-4208-10/admin_intro.html#87170

I'm sure that you can do a Yahoo search to find this out, but your drive
bays are for Ultra160 SCSI drives.

The largest drives I ever had in a V240 were 146Gb drives, but in this
personally archived email from the Sun Managers mailing list, this
gentleman verified correct operation of Seagate 300Gb SCSI drives.

Hope this helps,

Jerry