[rescue] wanted: sun a5000 series array

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Oct 10 15:49:57 CDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 04:15:52PM -0400, kyle wrote:
> Anyone have a a5000/5100/5200 available? Please email directly(I get
> the digest, so I may miss any replies to the list).

(Sent to both you and the list so that hopefully your reply ends up there as well.)

I have an A5k, rackmount kit, extra skins, manuals, a full compliment of original drives as well as a set of 500gb FC EMC pulls collecting dust.  I had planned to put the 500gb drives in the A5k and use it for home storage, but problems getting the EMC drives to work, moving, getting married and starting a new job put it on the back burner for a long time.  As it stands now, the A5k really no longer suits my needs as I don't currently have a basement and the sound/heat output is undesirable in living areas.

A friend of mine has an A5k near San Antonio that I gave him before he moved down there, he might be willing to part with it as well.

Both came as part of a haul from about a year and a half ago with some e3x00's.

Of course, shipping one of these would be awful expensive unless you are really desperate for it, so:  Where are you located?

	-Dan Sikorski