[rescue] Free for pickup: Sun Enterprise 450

RichTea mail at catsnest.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 06:19:41 CDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au> wrote:

> On 04/10/12 1:38 PM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:44:16 +0100
>> RichTea<mail at catsnest.co.uk>  wrote:
>>
>>  There is a filly loaded E450 In Leeds, England. free to a good home...
>>>
>> You may advertise the availability on the classiccmp mailing list also:
>> http://www.classiccmp.org/**lists.html<http://www.classiccmp.org/lists.html>
>>

> I would point out that the E450 is not only a little hard to replace these
> days, but it's also modern enough to be useful, especially decently
> configured. Ideal for supporting Solaris builds for open source projects,
> say, or any Solaris/Java based development.
>
> I own one. If you can take it, grab this unit, is my advice. They are
> big-ish but they are fairly quiet (much quieter than smaller rack servers).

--Toby

In deed they are a class server, I would like to keep it / use it but I
live in a smalish flat and think if some one will make use of it they are
welcome to. I dont have the hart to skip it.

I also have enough disks to fill it and the D1000 array I have too.
and _one of two_ Fiber and Quad port ethernet cards for it too.
Its got the 3rd PSU installed (even though it was designed with only one
power input!)
I also have a few extra bundles of RAM round.

$work still has a few critical systems running on E450's.

DOH now I want to keep it again, Its a prowd part of my Sun museum.