[rescue] HP C8000 workstation - OS?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Nov 17 17:53:04 CST 2012

I picked up a HP C8000 workstation (
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/archives_Division/12134_div_v1/12134_div.HTML)
that appears to be the dual dual-core model with an add-on LVD SCSI card
and a PCI FXE graphics card.

As I'm working on excavating my DDR1 ECC REG memory and my SCSI disks, I'm
wondering if anyone on the list has OS suggestions for this.

Note that I'd prefer an OS that I can get updates for without a support
contract, and that's been updated in the last two years.

That being said, I am looking for HP/UX 11i media to try out, and am
reading up on the Gentoo options (from what I've found, Debian dropped
support in 6.0 but there's a Lenny iso I could try). It looks like Linux
may not support the PCI card, but I'm okay with serial console. I might
even have an ATI Fire GL in a box somewhere...

Anyone got suggestions?

Thanks,
Robert