[rescue] Free: E420r

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Jun 16 11:35:30 CDT 2012

I keep looking at this and thinking that it'd be nice to have it in my
rack.  But the shipping would probably be impractical; its four cores
would probably be good for my DB, but 4G isn't enough memory for that
job; and I'm not sure what other job I could reasonably put it to.

(Besides, my tentative plan for the DB is to reinstall my two V210s, put
about 8G in each, and make them into a cluster for MySQL.  For that to
be practical, though, I have to figure out a way to defeat the
low-temperature limit on the V210, because I can't have my DB cluster
shutting itself down overnight on winter nights.)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.