[rescue] IBM IntelliStation POWER5 9111-285

Charles Monett camonett at woh.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 01:53:49 CST 2012

That's just a PCI ID change in the kernel source(I've run nearly the
whole set of those under the same code - 4500, 6500, 6000) if I'm not
mistaken.   Those boards aren't too terribly different from each other
as far as Linux will see them.  About the only other Linux-side issue
might be color flipping in X11 - if you have a 64bit userland.

Just how bad has it gotten for Linux on POWER?   I thought it atrophied
a bit, but I could be mistaken.