[rescue] IBM IntelliStation POWER5 9111-285

mail at catsnest.co.uk mail at catsnest.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 16:25:48 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a heads-up the guy still has a load of these and if you thought
> they were cheap before they have dropped in price by 50 GBP! Now
> GBP 210 including shipping.
>
> eBay Item: 170771456894
>
> No affiliation or association, just a stupendous deal in the UK
> (where POWER gear is, or rather was, rare) if you haven't already
> plumped for one or weren't sure about the price before...

Oh nice, I never got to play with AIX  other then supporting a few already
installed apps.
I have had a quick look at the docs on IBM but am a little lost what kind
of memory does this use...
It says " DDR-2 533 MHz ECC memory:" but is there anything special needed?

Im guessing it comes with 2x512's in it...

--
Ritchie