[rescue] little low-wattage servers

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Sat Jan 21 23:55:41 CST 2012

The ARM stuff is still either anemic inside of appliances where a few
dollars counts due to volume, cell phone dev boards, or stealthy
startups that wont sell small quantity systems.  Also, RAM tends to
max at about 1GB on the dev boards, 2GB if you really look.

Quad core and 4GB at around atom pricing would be nice for many things
I need to do at home and work.  ITX or 1U enclosure too, please!

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM, David Griffith <dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu>
wrote:
> With the recent talk about Atom-based mini-servers, my thoughts went to
ARM.