[rescue] Digest Why not to use an Atom as a Server

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jan 19 11:40:15 CST 2012

> For most 'server' applications really no low power CPU is ever going
> perform miracles.

   So for home NAS building, where I would prefer to run it all the time
as long as it doesn't burn *too* much electricity, is a little
Atom-based box the right choice? Is anyone selling these, or should I
just pick up a Western Digital My Book with an Ethernet port? (Honest
question: I fdon't have time or budget to reinvent the wheel, even if
it's cool.)

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt