[rescue] Digest Why not to use an Atom as a Server

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Wed Jan 18 22:45:46 CST 2012

It depends what you're doing as always.  The Atom systems I use go up
to 4GB which is more than enough for routing and firewalling.  I
believe they have 100MB resident in use at the moment.  The AMD
systems haven't been out as long, but they are now a valid option for
low power servers as well.  As you mention, in some cases they are a
superior choice.