[rescue] Rescued Sun servers, now what?!

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Feb 21 15:28:43 CST 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:10:06 +0100
Angel M Alganza <ama at ugr.es> wrote:

> Will X11 (Xorg?) be easy to set up on NetBSD on the Ultra?
It's been a while since I used X11 on NetBSD/sparc64. At least back
then it worked quite well right out of the box. Though, I had to fidle
with the microcode of the UPA framebuffer. (Copyright problem...) But I
think this has changed in the meantime.

Depending on the version of the mainboard in your U10 you may be
limited to 1 MB of video RAM. Almost certainly you will be better with
the UPA framebuffer. As noted, you can use a LCD with VGA input on the
UPA framebuffer, provided that you can find a suitable 13W3 to VGA
adapter.

If you really wane try NetBSD I highly recommend to use the 6.0 Beta:
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-6/
I instaled it on my Netra a few days ago and it works well.
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}